Choosing Right Diabetic Testing Supplies
How well your diabetes is managed and cared for could depend on the type of diabetic testing supplies you use. With the wrong supplies you could get inaccurate readings, which leads to inadequate care. If you wish to properly manage your diabetes, it is important to make sure you are using the right blood glucose meter and testing strips.
The following will help you explore what diabetic testing supplies are currently available, how to determine what supplies are right for you, and what you can do if you have been using the wrong testing supplies.
Different Types of Diabetic Testing Strips
Every diabetic testing strip will gather blood and test glucose levels. How it gathers the blood and gets it to the meter for testing depends on its design.
There are several design features available when it comes to testing strips. These features can dramatically change your experience when testing glucose levels.
Some examples of different design features found on testing strips include:
- Size – larger test strips require more blood, while smaller ones require less
- Shape – strips can be curved, which creates a larger area for blood collection, or straight
- Wicking technology – ability for the strip to quickly absorb blood
- When the blood is placed on the strip – blood should be placed on the strip before putting it in the meter, or it must be put on the strip once the strip is inserted into the meter
- Where the blood needs to be placed – side of the strip or at the tip
Each of these variances creates a different experience for the individual using the strip. Deciding on the right combination of features is important to finding the best testing strips for you.
Determining What Meter and Test Strip Combo is Right for Your Testing Needs
It is essential to find the right testing meter and strip combo. After finding and using the right meter and strip combination, you will get accurate test results that help you properly treat your diabetes.
When trying to figure out which meter and strip combination to use, there are some factors to consider, including:
- Cost – think about the cost of the meter and the strips
- Insurance coverage – what is covered, what is not covered, and how much you will pay
- Number of times you need to test glucose levels
- Size and shape of the meter and strips
- Ease of drawing blood that is used for testing
- Other health factors that can impact the testing process – coordination problems, vision problems, etc.
There is no right or wrong testing strip/meter combination. It should be based on your individual needs — including lifestyle and budget. It might take a few tries, but eventually you will find the right combination.
Have You Been Using the Wrong Testing Strips? Don’t Worry!
If you learn you have been using the wrong testing supplies, those testing supplies won’t go to waste. Any extra supplies can be sent to Cash Now Offer. Using this service, you will get cash back for unused supplies, while helping someone in the process.
Cash Now Offer takes the unused supplies and gives them to those in need. This allows all individuals to receive the supplies they need to monitor their diabetes.
Our service is ideal for those in search of the right testing supplies. Try the different meters and strips. If you don’t like them, send them to Cash Now Offer.